At The Two Counties Trust we take the wellbeing and mental health of our employees seriously that’s why we are one of the first organisations to sign up to the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter. This new charter has been co-created by the likes of Mind, the Local Government Association and a number of key education unions to protect, promote and enhance the wellbeing everyone working in the education sector.
For our employees it means we will endeavour to:
- Prioritise staff mental health.
- Give staff the support they need to take responsibility for their own and other’s wellbeing.
- Give managers access to the tools and resources they need to support the wellbeing of those they line managers.
- Establish a clear communications policy.
- Give staff a voice in decision-making.
- Drive down unnecessary workload.
- Champion and enable flexible working.
- Create a good behaviour culture.
- Support staff to progress in their careers.
- Include a sub-strategy for protecting leader wellbeing and mental health.
- Hold ourselves accountable, including by measuring staff wellbeing.